POSTPONED, new date TBD | 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Olin-Rice Science Center
Macalester College (map)
Parking is available onsite in lots or on the street. Accessible by A Line, and bus routes #63 and #84.
Join the Macalester-Groveland Community Council for their annual meeting and neighborhood gathering on (date TBD)! The event will start at 6pm with socializing and a Taste of Mac-Grove, followed by updates from the council and then board elections.
What to expect
- 6 pm – Taste of Mac-Grove (participating businesses announced soon!)
- 6:30 pm – Welcome, updates from Councilmembers Jalali and Tolbert
- 7:00 pm – Proposed Changes to MGCC Bylaws (view here)
- 7:35 pm – Elections for Grid 2, Grid 4, and two At-Large Residential positions
Interested in joining the board?
Members of our Board of Directors serve 3-year terms and one-third of our Board members are up for re-election each year. The following seats are up for election at the 2020 Annual Neighborhood Gathering:
- At-Large Residential Representative (2 seats)
- Grid 2 Representative (2 seats)
- Grid 4 Representative (2 seats)
Please review the following documents relating to the board positions and elections:
- Expectations of Board Members
- 2020 Board Election Rules & Procedures
- 2020 Board Application (fill out online here)
To encourage community members to participate in the election of their Grid and At-Large Representatives, please consider submitting a Board Application to MGCC so we may promote the candidates.
All members of the Macalester-Groveland community are welcome and encouraged to attend – that’s everyone who lives, works, learns, and/or plays in the neighborhood. Come to learn more about our community, vote for your representatives, and get ready for our upcoming programs and events. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org