MGCC recognizes that equitable community engagement is a critical component of our work. We are dedicated to ensuring that we reach into every part of our community and that our work benefits all our residents. We value the diverse perspectives that additional voices can bring to our conversations and the meaningful outcomes that we can achieve with more authentic engagement. A diversity of perspectives is an essential component of accountable and representative decision-making.
In recognition that the MGCC could do more in pursuit of equitable engagement, the Board of Directors created the Inclusivity Task Force (ITF).
A brief history of ITF:
The task force began meeting in March 2016.
- Task force consisted of nine board members and the executive director.
- Began work by looking at community demographic date.
- Conducted a survey to compare MGCC to rest of the community.
The findings from the task force’s work in 2016 led to the restructuring of the MGCC Board of Directors which took place on March 9, 2017.
In 2017, six District Councils participated in an Innovation Fund Project and engaged in an equity planning process. Working with a consultant, the group framed a systematic and systemic approach for equitable engagement. Each District Council used this framework for creating a Council-specific Investment Rationale and Equity Strategic Action Plan.
In 2018, all 17 District Councils agreed to allocated the Innovation Funds evenly between all Councils for work towards achieving greater equity within each organization, district, and/or collaboratively among districts. See below for MGCC’s 2018 Inclusivity and Equity Strategic Action Plan that resulted from this work.
In 2019, the Inclusivity Task Force began meeting regularly as a committee on the first Thursday of each month.
- Read a full history of the task force and the first Inclusivity and Equity Strategic Action Plan from 2018 here.
- View the Phase 2 Inclusivity and Equity Strategic Action Plan adopted in September 2019 here.
- Read the full resolution passed by the MGCC Board of Directors regarding equity and access to city parks here.
Sign up for monthly ITF meeting notices to receive upcoming agendas and meeting information here. The committee meets the first Thursday of each month at 6:30 p.m. All are welcome to attend.
View most recent recorded meeting below:
2021 Agendas + Minutes
- April 2021 Agenda
- March 2021 Agenda
- February 2021 Agenda
- January 2021 Agenda
2020 Agendas + Minutes
If you would like to access meeting agendas and minutes prior to 2020, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- November 2020 Agenda
- October 2020 – CANCELLED
- September 2020 Agenda
- August 2020 – CANCELLED
- June 25, 2020 Agenda (in place of July meeting)
- June 2020 Agenda
- May 2020 Agenda
- April 2020 Agenda
- March Prospective Board Member Gathering (No agenda)
- February 2020 Agenda
- January 2020 Agenda