Mission: The Transportation Committee is a liaison between stakeholders, including local community councils and government agencies supporting and advocating for a balanced multi-modal transportation system including pedestrians, bicyclists, transit, and motor vehicles.
The Transportation Committee acts as a liaison with the City of St Paul, other District Councils and other government agencies, including Ramsey County and MnDOT. We identify needs and opportunities to make it safer for people of all ages to travel in our neighborhood and the City of Saint Paul. A leading principle of our committee is that our work should improve equity, safety, health and sustainability in the City of St Paul at large.
Sign up for monthly Transportation meeting notices to receive upcoming agendas and meeting information here. The committee usually meets on the fourth Monday of each month at 6:30 p.m.
As a Committee we discuss various topics and make recommendations to the MGCC board.
A selection of our work from 2019/2020:
- Requested the City of St. Paul to synchronize pedestrian and driver traffic signals (both signals turn green by default) to eliminate the need for pedestrians to push a “walk” button and help meet the City’s 2040 Comprehensive Plan to enhance safety and walkability.
- Supported the city-wide Slower is Safer! campaign by distributing 20 is Plenty yard signs to key locations in our neighborhood.
- Advised the City of St. Paul to permanently dedicate the south bound lane of the Mississippi River Boulevard to pedestrian and bicyclists use only.
- Paused MGCC’s involvement in St. Paul’s Stop for Me Campaign, along with other Community Councils. Instead we seek to pursue more equitable programs such as traffic calming measures that will enhance the safety of all, and especially pedestrians.
- Added MGCC to list of organization endorsing the Neighborhood Rethinking I-94 flyer for the purpose of further discussion and community education. For the City’s position, check out Public Works Re: Rethinking I-94.
View most recent recorded meeting below:
2021 Agendas + Minutes
- March 2021 Agenda
- February 2021 Agenda
- January 2021 Agenda
2020 Agendas + Minutes
If you would like to access meeting agendas and minutes prior to 2020, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- November 2020 Agenda
- October 2020 Agenda
- September 2020 Agenda
- August 2020 Agenda
- July 2020 Agenda
- June 2020 Agenda
- May 2020 Agenda
- April 2020 Agenda
- March 2020 – CANCELLED
- February 2020 Agenda
- January 2020 Agenda