- This event has passed.
Community Open House: Summit Avenue Regional Trail Master Plan
October 27 @ 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- Hidden River Middle School | 1700 Summit Avenue, Saint Paul MN 55105
- City of Saint Paul Parks and Recreation invites members of the public to view design concepts, share feedback, and engage with the project team to learn more about the draft master plan.
- Attendees are welcome to wear masks, though they are not required.
- Register HERE to RSVP
- Engagement Updates to Note: Online engagement tools at www.engagestpaul.org/summit will close on Friday, Oct. 14th
- A link to provide comment on the draft master plan will be available on the project website following the Open House.
About this phase of the project
The City Parks and Recreation department is working on a draft regional trail master plan for an off-street bicycle connection between the Mississippi River Gorge Regional Park and The Sam Morgan Regional Trail via Summit Avenue Parkway and Downtown Saint Paul. In this phase, the draft will reflect progress on an overall planning framework, existing conditions analysis, engagement processes, design approach and implementation outline for a regional facility.
Following the master plan draft process, the City would finalize recommendations for a regional trail facility to Parks and Transportation Commissions, City Council, and Metropolitan Council Parks and Open Space Commission (MPOSC). If the master plan is approved, then Parks and Recreation would need to secure funding for design, engineering and construction of the future trail. Further design will be required to advance important aspects of the project beyond the master planning phase in order to prepare a project for construction.
If you are unable to attend the Open House, please refer to the project website, Summit Ave. Regional Trail Master Plan(External link) for more information. We look forward to seeing you and getting your feedback on this exciting and transformative project!