Wednesday, July 14th , 2021 | 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM CDT | Online Event
National Night Out is coming up on August 3, 2021. This meeting is intended for those who have hosted NNO out parties before and are seeking new ideas or for those who have never hosted but would like to get involved – or anywhere in between! We would love to brainstorm ideas, answer any questions, and provide resources for planning your event! RSVP here.
Become a Block Ambassador/Organize a Block Club
Check out a newly updated version of the Block Ambassador Handbook here!
Interested in becoming a Block Ambassador?
Block Club Resources
- Learn more about registering your block for National Night Out here.
- Rent street barricades from MGCC for your summer block party (not valid on National Night Out)
- Make your block club party zero waste with these tips from the City of Saint Paul!
- Rent ClearStream Containers from MGCC for your block party, learn how here.
Macalester-Groveland Community Council: firstname.lastname@example.org or (651) 695-4000
- A Block Club is a group of neighbors living within one or more city blocks who gather regularly to socialize, address common concerns, promote communication and improve block safety.
- A block club traditionally includes houses on a block facing each other but may span several blocks and may include homes across an alley.
- Residents can decide to organize at any level. However, there are basic aspects of a club that are necessary if they are to be recognized as such by their respective district council.
- Clubs may also become involved with community issues such as working with beautification, traffic calming, crime prevention, community development, and other district council activities.
By being actively involved, residents take responsibility for themselves and their neighborhoods while working together to solve problems. If you’re interested in identifying or starting a block club, contact Patty Lammers at SPPD 651-266-5455, or reach out to us at email@example.com or call 651-695-4000.