Activities and Education for Adults
- St. Paul Parks and Recreation programs and activities for adults 50+
- The Selim Center for Lifelong Learning at the University of St. Thomas engages adult learners in quality educational opportunities that promote growth in body, mind and spirit.
Neighborhood Service Organizations
- Neighborhood Network for Seniors provides a wide variety of free and low-cost services: Friendly Visitor, Care Coordination, Caregiver Respite, In-Home Foot Care, Exercise Classes, and Transportation to Medical Appointments. Call (651) 646-2301.
- Keystone Community Services located in the Merriam Park Community Center, 2000 St. Anthony Avenue, St. Paul, offers a variety of programs and events for seniors in the community.
- Merrick Community Services Senior Program is dedicated to providing services that enable seniors on the East Side to remain independent and to continue living in their own homes for as long as possible.
Yard work and Snow Shoveling services
- Senior Linkage line (1-800-333-2433) and Merrick Community Services (651-771-6325) can connect senior citizens with assistance
- Individuals with disabilities can get help from Disability Hub MN (formerly Disability Linkage Line), a free statewide resource network that helps you solve problems, navigate the system and plan for your future. (1-866-333-2466)
Transportation, Health and Medical Programs
- Metro Mobility
- Want to make sure paramedics have your medical information in the event you need to call them?
Fill out the Residential Emergency Response Information Form (pdf download)
- Wilder Foundation Older Adult Services and Day Health Program
- Carondelet Circle: The Circle provides opportunities that serve the physical, psychological, spiritual, social, and creative needs of those who live at Carondelet Village, their families and caregivers, and senior residents of the local neighborhood.
- Help at Your Door: Non-profit agency helping seniors and individuals with disabilities remain in their own homes. Services include groceries (formerly Store to Door), Handyman help, and transportation. To schedule, or for more information, call 651-642-1892.
Other Government and Nonprofit Councils and Agencies