Citywide Drop-Off Events are one-day events which allow residents to discard just about anything. District Councils work in partnership with the City to bring together haulers and vendors in one central location and make efforts to reuse or recycle your old stuff for less cost than you would pay a garbage hauler to take it away. In 2018, there will be four events throughout the year open to all St. Paul residents.
2018 Citywide Drop-Off Event Dates (open to all St. Paul residents)
All events are open from 8:00am – 1:00pm
- Saturday, June 9 – MN State Fair Grounds, (NE corner of fair grounds; enter off Larpenteur Ave., west of Snelling Ave.).
More Info: District 10 Como Community Council at 651-644-3889
- Saturday, June 23 – Harding High School, 1540 E. 6th St. (enter from 3rd St.)
More Info: District 1 Community Council at 651-578-7600
- Saturday, Sept. 15 – Washington Technology Magnet High School, 1495 Rice Street.
More Info: District 6 Planning Council at 651-488-4485
- Saturday, Sept. 29 – Shepard Rd, (between Davern St. and Alton St., enter at Alton St.)
More Info: Highland District Council at 651-695-4005
To view more details about each cleanup, visit this page:
Directions to September Shepard Road Drop-Off Event Site: Take Montreal Avenue east, turn right on Elway Street, turn right on Shepard Road to Alton Street.
Volunteers needed for September 29 Drop-Off Event on Shepard Road
We need volunteers to help guide participants through the process and when necessary, help them unload the materials. Volunteers (who work a three hour shift) receive a $20 voucher toward the disposal of materials and a free lunch!
Shifts are 7:30 to 11:00 a.m. or 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Volunteers help residents with simple sorting of materials into dumpsters, helping them unload where necessary, and answering questions from residents. Contact 651-695-4005 to volunteer for the fall drop-off event on September 29. View the link above to see the contact list to volunteer at one of the other citywide drop-off events.
Senior Pick-up Service
We are able to offer a limited pick-up service for seniors and residents with disabilities who are unable to bring items to the clean-up. Pick-up services will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis. Please call 651-695-4005 in early September to arrange a pick-up if you qualify for this service!
ITEMS ACCEPTED (at September 29 Drop-Off Event on Shepard Road)
Plan ahead and pack your car accordingly – this is the order in which the stations will appear, starting with items that should be placed on top:
- Reusable household goods. Small furniture, linens, dishes, tools, etc. in good condition, no need of repair may be left at the reuse area.
- Children’s items, such as books, toys and clothes.
- Lawn mowers and snow blowers (all fluid must be drained).
- Confidential papers for shredding
- Electronics (additional fee) including computers and computer-related equipment, televisions, phones, fax and copier machines. Small items, no fee.
- Bicycles functional or non-functional.
- Metals-these items will be stripped down, so anything you have that includes a significant amount of metal should be left here. Even better, remove any non-metal parts before you bring it!
- Appliances (additional fee) including microwaves, dehumidifiers, water heaters, air conditioners.
- Tires of all sizes (additional fee).
- Mattresses, box springs (additional fee).
- Trash – Carpets and other materials not accepted at other stations.
- Concrete and rock including patio blocks – other items that are not pure concrete must go to construction debris.
- Construction debris and architectural salvage (anything that comes off your house).
- Household hazardous waste (including fluorescent bulbs, antifreeze, car batteries, propane tanks, oil, paint, and more). (FREE COLLECTION)
- Upholstered furniture (additional fee)
ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED
- Recyclables: paper, plastic, glass, cardboard, etc. can be set out for regular Friday recycling pickup.
- Household refuse: will be picked up by your trash hauler.
- Mini Blinds/Shades
- Yard waste, brush, compost
- Please contact Ramsey County at 651-633-EASY (3279) for drop-off locations for any of the items listed above.
- For Reuse, anything broken, stained, ripped or in unusable condition (please use garbage area at the cleanup instead).
GENERAL LOAD FEES
- $10 – $30 per vehicle (depending on size of load).
- $10 per car
- $15-20 per truck, SUV, trailer, minivan, station wagon
- $30 per larger vehicle
- Household hazardous waste collection – FREE.
- Tires: $3 for car tires, $5 for truck tires, $7 for semi tires, $30 for tractor tires
- Furniture: $5 per chair, $7 per love seat, $10 per couch, $20 per hide-a-bed
- Mattresses or box springs: $15 per mattress, $15 per box spring.
- Electronics: $8 per item (TVs, DVDs, computer equipment etc), no charge for smaller items (keyboard, mouse etc)
- Appliances:, $10 per other appliance, $20 per air conditioner.